You are currently browsing the daily archive for October 2, 2009.
Looks like the word is out on Cisco’s recent huge virtual event. Michael Doyle over at Virtual Edge broke the story. Here are some highlights:
“Cisco’s Global Sales Experience called “GSX” ran 24 hours a day for 4 days and educated, entertained and motivated some 19,000 employees in the Cisco global sales organization. Virtual Edge got a chance to visit the “war room” where Cisco, George P. Johnson, InXpo and jUXT Interactive teams worked together to produce this amazing event”
My favorite part is “The Threshold” the alternate reality game created for the event:
“Here is a little summary of some of the stats that Cisco shared with us:
- 88 hours of consecutive sessions crossing 24 time zones
- More than 13,000 active players of “The Threshold”, alternate reality game
- More than 8,000 participants in group chat within the Chat Zone
- More than 9,500 playing GSX mini games
- 90% cost savings
- Content satisfaction scores comparative to previous events”
As you can imagine I’m looking forward to seeing what happens in virtual and hybrid events in 2010!! I think we’re just at the start of an incredible journey.